Ulster GAA have confirmed that crowds of up to 400 will be allowed attend matches from Friday.
The allowance is double that in the rest of the country, and only applies to the Six Counties.
The Northern Ireland Executive green-lit the move on Thursday.
Ulster Secretary Brian McAvoy says the 400-person allowance has been made having "consulted with the GAA nationally".
He's asked for patrons to maintain social distancing, to wear face masks and bring their own hand sanitiser.
He adds, "GAA grounds with perimeter fencing with viewing access on all four sides there should be no more than 400 people present at a game (including essential match personnel).
"In all other grounds the number of people attending a game (including essential match personnel) should be limited to a maximum of 250, though in some cases (e.g. grounds with no perimeter fencing) the number might be lower."
Last week, GAA president John Horan made a direct plea to the Taoiseach to allow up to 500 to attend matches.
That allowance is not due to come into force until August 10, as per the directives of the Government's Roadmap.
Horan claimed county boards were relying on the increased numbers.
McAvoy said on Thursday, "Clubs are reminded that dressing rooms and indoor facilities remain closed. It is also recommended that dugouts should not be used. If being used they can only be done so in accordance with the 2 metres social distancing regulations.
"We will issue further guidance to counties in the coming week in relation to the use of designated venues, including county grounds, where it may be possible to put in place additional safeguards for spectators in the weeks ahead.
"There is an onus on all to adhere to the guidelines – by doing so we will help hasten the day where higher numbers of spectators will be able to attend our games in a safe and regulated matter."