Tiger Woods is to return to golf at next week's PNC Championship.
The 15-time Major-winner hasn't struck a ball in anger since suffering a near-fatal car crash in February of this year.
Last week, Woods conceded that he nearly lost his right leg as a result of the smash. The 45-year old also told Golf Digest that he is unlikely to ever make a full-time return to a sport he previously dominated.
"Although it’s been a long and challenging year," Woods tweeted on Wednesday, "I am very excited to close it out by competing in the PNC Championship with my son Charlie.
Although it’s been a long and challenging year, I am very excited to close it out by competing in the @PNCchampionship with my son Charlie. I’m playing as a Dad and couldn’t be more excited and proud.
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) December 8, 2021
"I’m playing as a Dad and couldn’t be more excited and proud."
The tournament sees 20 Major winners play alongside members of their families.
While not competing at last week's Hero World Challenge - which he hosted - Woods made no attempt to hide his regular practice in the Bahamas.
He shared a video of himself on the driving range on Saturday, and even went so far as to don his traditional Sunday attire of red and black.
Woods told Golf Digest recently, "I don’t have to compete and play against the best players in the world to have a great life.
"After my back fusion, I had to climb Mt. Everest one more time. I had to do it, and I did. This time around, I don’t think I’ll have the body to climb Mt. Everest, and that’s OK.
"I can still participate in the game of golf. I can still, if my leg gets OK, I can still click off a tournament here or there. But as far as climbing the mountain again and getting all the way to the top, I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation of me.”