Roger Federer has withdrawn from the French Open.
The 39-year-old says he doesn't want to push himself "too quickly" following two knee operations.
Federer was on court for over three and a half hours at Roland Garros on Saturday as he progressed to the fourth round of the competition.
He had been due to face Italian ninth seed Matteo Berrettini on Monday.
Making the announcement on Twitter on Sunday afternoon, Federer said;
"After discussions with my team, I've decided I will need to pull out of Roland-Garros today.
"After two knee surgeries and over a year of rehabilitation it's important that I listen to my body and make sure I don't push myself too quickly on my road to recovery.
"I am thrilled to have gotten three matches under my belt. There is no greater feeling than being back on court."
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) June 6, 2021
Federer had two knee surgeries last year and had played only three matches in 16 months before arriving in Paris for the 2021 French Open.
Federer, who won the French Open just once in his career back in 2009, has made no secret that his priority for this year is Wimbledon, which starts on 28 June.
The Swiss turns 40 in August of this year and has 20 Grand Slam titles to his name.