DFL chief executive Christian Seifert has said Dynamo Dresden's squad going into quarantine for two weeks does not 'upset' the Bundesliga timetable.
The Bundesliga 2 club revealed on Friday that two of their players tested positive for coronavirus and that the local health authorities had ordered the squad into quarantine.
Dresden were due to play Hanover 96 next Sunday, with the top two divisions recommencing next Saturday, but the club confirmed that they will not be able to fulfil the fixture.
"Due to the quarantine measures, (the club) will not be able to travel to Lower Saxony for the away game on matchday 26 as planned," the club said.
The DFL (German Football League) has drawn up a list of regulations and guidelines, including stringent testing, in order to minimise the risk of transmitting the disease.
If, as was the case with Dresden, there are any positive tests German law states that the local health authority are responsible for dealing with the matter.
The DFL confirmed just last week that the action would be back underway this Saturday and that the season will finish at the end of June.
Seifert told German broadcaster ZDF that the news from Dresden does not change those plans.
"We said from the beginning that this is something we have to be prepared for," Seifert said.
"If a 14-day quarantine is now scheduled, then we have to deal with it next week in the spirit of the game plan.
"At the moment, however, this does not upset our timetable.
"The DFL has been working on this concept for a long time and we have always stressed that it is the local health authorities that decide on each individual case, on each team.
"For the 2nd division, where 81 matches are still to be played, two of Dynamo Dresden’s matches cannot be played at the moment. But we are not changing our goal to finish the season."