Middlesbrough manager Jonathan Woodgate says he's still unsure if Darren Randolph's transfer to West Ham will go ahead this month.
The Republic of Ireland international was set to complete his move back to the Premier League last week but there have been one or two issues with the medical as Randolph recovers from a thigh injury.
The 32-year-old was one of Boro's most impressive players last season and was named in the Championship team of the season.
Speaking ahead of Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay away to Tottenham, Boro boss Woodgate was asked for an update on Randolph's future.
"It's the longest medical I've ever known in history and I've had a few medicals myself and believe it or not I passed a few.
"This is unbelievable really, let's see what happens over the next 48 hours."
Woodgate also said he would have no problem putting Randolph back in the team if the move to West Ham does not happen.
"Darren's professional and look what he's done for the football club.
"He's been an outstanding keeper for us so he'll be professional, (a) really professional player Darren anyway so he'll absolutely fine.
"He's a top keeper, he hasn't gone yet so let's see. "
— Middlesbrough FC (@Boro) January 13, 2020
West Ham are short of goalkeeping options after first-choice stopper Lukasz Fabianski suffered a hamstring injury during Friday’s 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United, not long after returning from injury.
Hammers boss David Moyes explained after the match why there had been a delay with the Randolph transfer.
"At the moment he is carrying a bit of an injury he's had for several weeks and we have to make sure it has healed. That's where the delay is and I'm very hopeful."