Gareth Bale says he'd consider a move back to the Premier League, but his club Real Madrid have blocked numerous attempts to leave.
The 31-year old is out of favour under Bernabeu boss Zinedine Zidane, having only played 90-minutes across two games since La Liga's restart.
Bale was even left out of the squad for the champions' final match of the season away to Leganes with an exit seeming inevitable.
The Wales international is under contract to Real until 2022, and reportedly pockets £600,000 (€676k) a week.
The former Tottenham winger says he'd be open to a return to the Premier League, but the decision lies elsewhere, "If those options arise, it is something I'd look at for sure," he said.
"We'll see what happens, we have plenty of time in this transfer window and a couple of others as well.
"Time will tell but mainly I think the reason is that the decision is in Real Madrid's hands."
Bale appears to contradict his agent Jonathan Barnett, who just last month told reporters, "He likes living in Madrid and he is going nowhere."
He's likely to play his first game since June on Thursday, when Wales take on Finland in the UEFA Nations League.
Bale appeared set for a move to Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning a year ago, but the deal broke down unexpectedly.
He's laid the blame for that collapse at the door of his Real bosses, "I tried to leave last year but they blocked everything at the last second. It was a project I was excited for but it didn't materialise.
"There have been other instances where we have tried to go but the club won't allow it or they've done something. It's down to the club.
"I want to play football, I am still motivated to play football, so I guess it's on the club.
"They are in control of everything. I have a contract, all I can do is carry on what I am doing and hopefully something comes up.
"I am only 31 still but I feel I am in great shape still and feel like I have a lot to give. We will see what happens.
"It's in the club's hands but they make things very difficult to be honest."