Khabib Nurmagomedov has confirmed he won't be fighting Tony Ferguson at UFC 249.
The reigning UFC lightweight champion announced the news in an Instagram post.
Earlier this week, Nurmagomedov conceded he would be unlikely to make the April 18 card as he was stranded in Russia due to a COVID-19 related travel ban.
At the time he said he was still training in his native Dagestan, but said "I don't know what am I preparing for."
The UFC have hinted the card will still go ahead - at a yet to be named venue - with a new challenger for Ferguson.
The decision to press on is one that seems to frustrate Nurmagomedov, who says "the whole world should be in quarantine" because of coronavirus.
His Instagram statement reads:
Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight? - I understand everything and I’m definitely upset more than you to cancel the fight, probably like all others, I had many plans after the fight, but I can’t control it all.
The greatest countries and the largest companies of our time are shocked by what is happening, every day the situation changes unpredictably.
But Khabib still has to fight, is that what you saying? -
Take care of yourself and put yourself in my shoes.